Two more men have been charged in connection with a shooting that began as an argument between two girls over clothing and ended with John Short dead in Back of the Yards in August.
Quan Evans, 26; and Quentine Bradley, 29, are each charged with first-degree murder, according to Chicago Police. Robert Nathaniel, 25, was already charged with murder and was ordered held on a $1 million bond Monday.
The argument between the two girls happened Aug. 26, according to prosecutors. A short time later, several adults gathered at a liquor store at 51st and May streets to talk to Bradley and try to quash the bad blood between the parties, prosecutors said. Bradley worked at the liquor store.
The conversation between Bradley and the group did not resolve tensions and the group left the store, prosecutors said. As they walked away, Nathaniel ran into the north alley of 51st and fired a shot at them. They ran away, and Nathaniel returned to the store.
Evans and Bradley, who are brothers, left the store in Evans’ car, prosecutors said. A short time later, they returned with a firearm and gave it to Nathaniel. The exchange was caught on video surveillance.
Nathaniel then fired four shots at a group of three people near the liquor store, who had returned to the alley after their confrontation with Bradley, prosecutors said.
One of the bullets struck the 24-year-old Short, of the 5600 block of South Wood Street, in the lower back, killing him, authorities said.
Evidence against Nathaniel, who was also charged with first-degree murder, includes video surveillance and witnesses who identified him weeks after the shooting, prosecutors said.
Evans, of the 8400 block of South Winchester, was ordered held on an $800,000 bond; and Bradley, of the 5000 block of South May, was ordered held on $700,000 Tuesday by Judge Laura Sullivan.
Nathaniel, of the 1100 block of West 50th Street, was previously ordered held on a $1 million bond in court Sunday.
—Chicago Sun-Times Wire and Chicago Sun-Times