Judge: No bond for pair charged with killing Javon Jackson, Sedrick Ringer and John Hunter in ‘acts of terror and horror’

Chicago Sun-Times

Timothy Gordon (left) and Javon Dorsey | Chicago Police

Timothy Gordon (left) and Javon Dorsey | Chicago Police

Two men sprayed the front of an Englewood home with more than 40 gunshots Friday, killing Javon Jackson and Sedrick Ringer, who were on the porch, and John Hunter, who was inside when he was struck by a stray bullet, Cook County prosecutors said.

After unleashing the fatal volley of shots, Timothy Gordon, 19; and Javon Dorsey, 21, ran from the house in the 5700 block of South Wells, climbed into a car and raced south on the Dan Ryan Expressway, Assistant State’s Attorney Craig Taczy said at the pair’s bond hearing Monday.

Trailed by a police squad car, they eventually crashed on an embankment after a few miles, Taczy said.

Jackson, 30, was stuck eight times and died at Northwestern Memorial Hospital Friday night. Ringer, 50, suffered nine gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Two days later, relatives came to the house looking for Hunter. They found the 52-year-old dead inside with a wound to his thigh, Taczy said. Police found 43 shell casings outside the house.

Judge Adam Bourgeois Jr. ordered Dorsey and Gordon held without bond.

“These acts you’ve allegedly committed are acts of horror and terror,” Bourgeois told the men. “You are dangerous.”

Dorsey and Gordon had walked up to the house on foot around 8:50 p.m. Friday and opened fire, prosecutors said.

Police officers were so close to the scene that a dashboard camera captured the flashes from the gun barrels.

After the shooting, the gunmen ran south to a white Pontiac Grand Prix parked a block away on the corner of 58th and Wells, and drove off, Taczy said.

After striking the embankment, they ran up the grass and scaled a barbed-wire fence surrounding an Illinois Department of Transportation parking lot at 65th and Wentworth, leaving a .45-caliber pistol inside the car. Police found a white T-shirt stuck to the barbed wire, and another .40-caliber handgun on the asphalt.

The pair kept running into the neighborhood, chased by officers on foot and a police helicopter overhead, Taczy said. They ran inside a building at 146 W. 66th Street, where officers cornered them.

Testing showed the .40- and .45-caliber shell casings found at the house matched the guns found in the Pontiac and on the IDOT lot, Taczy said.

In all, there were 16 .40-caliber casings,; 11 .45-caliber casings; and 16 .9-millimeter rounds found at the scene.

blog comments powered by Disqus